ONLINE QUALIFIER: EVENT #2
25 Minute AMRAP
20/15 Calorie Row
20 Foot Handstand Walk - 5 Foot Minimum
5-10-15-20-25-30, etc. Dual Dumbbell Box Step Over
20 Foot Handstand Walk - 5 Foot Minimum
50/35lb Per Hand
The athlete can begin seated on the rower with feet strapped in however, hands must not touch the handle. The monitor must start at 0 calories and must be reset back to 0 calories every round. On the call of 3,2,1 Go, the athlete will begin the row (20 calories for men and 15 for women). After the row, the athlete will move to the handstand walk. (Please ensure 5 foot sections are clearly marked to visibly equal 20 feet). A 5 foot minimum is required for the rep to count. Once completed, proceeding to the dumbbell step overs. During each round of dumbbell step over the reps ascend by 5 reps. Beginning the first round with 5 reps before proceeding to the next round of 20-foot handstand walk. Your score is total rounds and repetitions in this workout.
*Intermediate/Masters 55-59/Scaled/Teens14-15/Masters 60+ will perform dual dumbbell front rack walking lunges instead of handstand walk, and dual dumbbell front squats instead of box step overs.
- Any damper setting is allowed and can be adjusted during the event.
- Athlete must stay strapped in during the entire duration of the row and must remain strapped in until monitor says the designated number of calories.
- Ensure the rower display is turned on and set to zero before the start of the event and each round.
- Athlete must start behind the marker.
- Both hands must clearly begin behind the line.
- Athletes must travel a minimum of 5 feet for the rep to count.
- Both hands must clearly pass the 5 foot marker. If the athlete does not clear the 5 foot line before coming down, it will be considered a no rep. Each 5 foot section = 1 rep.
Dual Dumbbell Box Step Overs
- For every repetition, the athlete starts with both feet on the ground. Athlete may choose to do the step overs facing or lateral.
- Athlete must step onto the top of the box. Only the athlete’s feet may contact the box.
- Both feet must touch the top of the box.
- Athlete may choose to jump or step down from the box. Dumbbells cannot rest on your legs or shoulders at any time.
Dual Dumbbell Front Rack Walking Lunge
- Lunge begins with dumbbells at shoulders, the feet together, and the athlete standing tall.
- The rear head of dumbbell must be clearly over or slightly behind the center of the athlete’s body when viewed from profile. Dumbbells must remain at the shoulders, and the hands must remain around the dumbbell handle for the duration of the rep.
- Releasing the grip on the handle and letting the dumbbell rest solely is a no rep.
- The back knee must clearly contact the ground. Stepping through the lunge is allowed if the movement requirements are met. Full extension of the knee and hip is required at the top of each rep.
- An unbroken section of 5 feet must be completed before setting the dumbbells down.
Dual Dumbbell Front Squats
- The rep begins with knees and hips extended and dumbbells on the shoulder.
- A muscle clean or power clean to start is allowed. You may also squat clean the first rep.
- The dumbbells must be held on the shoulders while maintaining grip. You cannot release the dumbbells and have them solely resting on your shoulders. This will be a no rep.
- At the bottom of the squat, the hip crease must pass below the knees.
- At the top the hips and knees must be fully extended.
- Only one pair of dumbbells may be used.
Pound to Kilo Conversion:
50/35lb → 22.5/15kg dumbbells
20lb → 10kg dumbbells
**YOUTUBE IS THE ONLY ACCEPTED VIDEO FORMAT**
If you are intending to qualify for the Main Event you will be asked for a video submission at the conclusion of the qualifier. To avoid having to redo a workout, please ensure you film your workouts at the time of completion. If you have a Smartphone, the app “WodProof” is highly recommended. A clock or timer with the running workout time clearly visible should be in the frame throughout the entire workout. Shoot the video from an angle so all exercises can be seen clearly meeting the movement standards. Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected due to the visual distortion these lenses cause. Please be sure you have enough battery life, memory and time to upload your video. You may need to increase the limit on your YouTube in order to allow a longer video. If an athlete qualifies to compete on-site at the CanWest, they will be asked to submit workouts chosen by The CanWest Judges team.