ONLINE QUALIFIER EVENT #2
Supermassive Black Hole
|For Time: |
20 Minute Cap
|60 Wallballs, 20/14lb to 10/9ft|
|60/45 Calories Row|
|30 Devils Press 50/35lbs|
|60/45 Calorie Row|
The athlete begins standing tall. On the call of 3,2,1.. Go! The athlete will begin the set of 60 wallball. Once complete, moving to the rower to begin the calorie row. Men will row 60 calories, while women will row 45. After the row, moving on the complete 30 devil press. The athlete will work their way back up the ladder once the set of 30 devil press are complete. Completing another set of 60/45 calorie row and finishing with 60 wallball. This workout has a 20 minute time cap.There is a 20 minute time cap on this workout, if you do not complete the work within the time, you will be scored on total reps completed.
Your score is the total time it took to complete the required work. If you do not complete the workout within the time cap, your score will be cap+reps.
**Intermediate/Scaled division: If you are unable to complete the intermediate workout, you must check the modified box when entering your score. This does NOT apply to the Elite division**
- The rep starts with the medicine ball being taken in the bottom of a squat with the hip crease clearly below the knee and ends with the medicine ball being thrown and hitting the specified target.
- The center of the ball must hit the target at or above the specified target height. If the ball hits low, rolls up or does not contact the target it is a “No Rep”.
- If the ball drops to the ground, it cannot be caught off the bounce and must be allowed to settle on the ground before picking it up and beginning the next rep.
- Any damper setting is allowed and can be adjusted during the event.
- Athlete must stay strapped in during the entire duration of the row and must remain strapped in until monitor says the designated number of calories.
- Ensure the rower display is turned on and set to zero before the start of the event and each round.
- This movement features two dumbbells and is essentially a combination of a dumbbell burpee and a double dumbbell snatch.
- Athletes start each repetition with dumbbells on ground, with both hands on the dumbbells, perform a burpee, ensuring chest contacts the floor. You may jump or step back for the burpee.
- Then, athlete will then jump or step to their feet, never taking their hands from the dumbbells.
- Next, the athlete shall snatch or swing both dumbbells from the floor simultaneously, and finish with both locked out overhead with the hips, knees, shoulders, and arms at full extension. A re-dip is permitted. This shall indicate a completed repetition.
- Athlete may “swing” the dumbbells between their legs to help to build momentum to get them overhead, but the athlete may NOT pause at the shoulders. You cannot “double swing” the dumbbells to get momentum overhead.
**YOUTUBE IS THE ONLY ACCEPTED VIDEO FORMAT**
If you are intending to qualify for the Main Event you will be asked for a video submission at the conclusion of the qualifier. To avoid having to redo a workout, please ensure you film your workouts at the time of completion. If you have a Smartphone, the app “WodProof” is highly recommended. A clock or timer with the running workout time clearly visible should be in the frame throughout the entire workout. Shoot the video from an angle so all exercises can be seen clearly meeting the movement standards. Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected due to the visual distortion these lenses cause. Please be sure you have enough battery life, memory and time to upload your video. You may need to increase the limit on your YouTube in order to allow a longer video. If an athlete qualifies to compete on-site at the CanWest, they will be asked to submit workouts chosen by The CanWest Judges team.