MAIN EVENT: AXLE
3 Minute Time Cap
|30/20 Calories Row|
|30 Mini-Axle Bar Thrusters (120/80lb)|
Athletes will begin standing behind their rower. On the call of “3, 2, 1, GO!”, they will get on their rower and begin rowing. Once the rower display clearly shows the designated number of calories has been reached, the athlete can move to the axle bar and start their thrusters. Athletes must advance the axle bar every 10 reps until all 30 reps have been completed. The athlete must then cross the finish line to complete the event. You will be wearing a 20/14lb vest for the duration of this event. It must remain completely done up until you cross the finish line. The event score is the total time to complete the event or the total number of repetitions completed before the time cap. 1 calorie will equal 1 repetition.
- Any dampener setting is allowed and can be adjusted throughout the event.
- The display must be reset to 0 calories before the start of the event.
- Athletes are not to touch the display at any time.
- Their judge will ensure the rower display is turned on and set to zero before the start of the event.
Mini-Axle Bar Thruster
- This is a standard thruster in which the barbell moves from the bottom of a front squat to full lockout overhead. The bar must start from the ground. No racks allowed.
- At the bottom of the thruster, the hip crease must clearly pass the below the knee.
- A squat clean into the thruster is permitted on the first rep.
- At the top of the thruster, the barbell must come to a full lockout overhead with the knees, hips and arms fully extended and the bar directly over the middle of the athlete’s body
- Jerking the bar is not permitted. Any type of re-dip will result a “no rep”.