MAIN EVENT #5: BULLET PROOF
12 Minute Time Cap
|For Time:||200ft Shuttle Run|
|150 Double Unders|
|400ft Shuttle Run|
|25 Left Kettlebell Snatch (24/16kg)|
|25 Right Kettlebell Snatch (24/16kg)|
|600ft Shuttle Run|
|20 Left Single Arm Dumbbell Thruster (50/35lb)|
|20 Right Single Arm Dumbbell Thruster (50/35lb)|
|800ft Shuttle Run|
|50ft Single Arm Dumbbell Overhead Walking Lunge (50/35lb)|
|Cross Finish Line|
Athletes will begin on their starting mat. At the call of “3, 2, 1, GO!”, the athlete will begin their first shuttle run (100-foot lane). Athletes must clearly run around the pylon at each turnaround point. Once they return back to their starting mat, they will complete their double unders. Once the double unders are complete, they will complete their second shuttle run and then move onto the kettlebell snatch. The athlete must complete all 25 repetitions on their left arm before moving onto the right arm. When the athlete has completed all of the kettlebell snatches on both arms, they will begin their third shuttle run then move onto the Dumbbell Thrusters, again, completing all repetitions with the left arm before moving to the right. Once all of the dumbbell thrusters have been completed, the athlete will complete their fourth and final shuttle run. Once the shuttle run is complete, the athlete will move to the Dumbbell overhead lunge. The lunges are scored in 10-foot increments. The event is completed when the athlete finishes all 50-feet of lunges or is time capped. The score for this event is the total time to complete or the number of repetitions completed before the end of the time cap.
- The athlete must go around the cone on each shuttle run
- This is a standard double under where the rope passes completely under the feet twice for each jump.
- The rope must spin forward for the rep to count.
- Every repetition must start from the hang position.
- The kettlebell must be taken from the hang position to the overhead position in one continuous motion.
- At the top of the snatch, the arm, hips and legs must be fully locked out with the kettlebell directly over the body.
- The kettlebell must pass between the athlete’s legs before being lifted back into the overhead position.
Single Arm Dumbbell Thruster
- The dumbbell must be in contact with the shoulder during the squat portion of this movement.
- The crease of the hip must pass below the top of the knee for each squat.
- The dumbbell must be pressed into the overhead position. A Re-dip or jerk is not allowed.
- The rep is complete when the dumbbell is overhead with knees, hips and arms fully locked out and the dumbbell over the middle of the athlete’s body.
Single Arm Overhead Walking Lunge
- The dumbbell must remain in the overhead position while lunging.
- The dumbbell cannot come in contact with any other part of the body during the lunge.
- The back knee must clearly make contact with the ground.
- Stepping through the lunge is allowed as long as the movement requirements are met.
- Full extension of the knee and hip is required at the top of each rep.
- An unbroken section of 10-feet must be completed before setting the dumbbell down or switching arms.