MAIN EVENT #3: GOING BIG
|1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk |
6 Minute Time Cap
|Attempt 1: Clean and Jerk|
|Attempt 2: Clean and Jerk|
|Attempt 3: Clean and Jerk|
Athletes will begin on their platform with an unloaded bar. On the call
of “3, 2, 1, GO!”, the athlete will load their bar and make their first
attempt. The athlete must verbally confirm the weight on the bar to
their judge before making their attempt. Athletes are allowed a
maximum of 3 attempts within the 6 minute time cap. If the bar or
athlete come off the platform in anyway, the lift will not count. If any
part of the athlete’s body touches the ground other than the feet, the
lift will not count.
Clean and Jerk
- The bar must be taken from the ground to the shoulders in one
continuous motion. Hang cleans are not permitted.
- A muscle clean, power clean, split clean or squat clean is
- Pressing from a back rack is not allowed.
- The athlete may press, push press, push jerk or split jerk to get
the bar overhead as long as the feet are brought back together
before the bar is lowered.
- For the rep to count, the athlete must show control of the bar overhead with their knees, hips and elbows fully locked out and the bar over the center of the body.