EVENT #3: GOING HEAVY
On a 10 Minute Running Clock:
Establish a 3 Rep Max Front Squat
- Please note that the submission deadline for this event is Monday, April 15 at 7PM Mountain Standard Time
- Score is your heaviest successful lift
- You can have help unloading and loading the bar
Athletes will begin by standing in front of the barbell. On the call of 3,2,1 athletes will make their first attempt at a 3 rep max front squat. The bar can be pre-loaded with your first attempt. You may have assistance changing weights. Your last rep must be completed within the 10-minute time cap. You do not have to re-rack the barbell on your final repetition. Your score will be your heaviest successful weight completed.
- Hips must pass below parallel for the rep to count.
- At the top of each rep the knees, and hips are fully extended with the bar supported at the shoulders in a front rack position.
- The bar must be held in a front rack position. Crossing of the arms is not allowed.
- You may either re-rack or drop the barbell after your last rep is completed.
- You may complete as many squats as required to complete your three successful reps as long as the barbell remains in the front rack position.
If you are intending to qualify for the Main Event you will be asked for a video submission at the conclusion of the qualifier. To avoid having to redo a workout, please ensure you film your workouts at the time of completion. If you have a Smartphone, the app “WodProof” is highly recommended. A clock or timer with the running workout time clearly visible should be in the frame throughout the entire workout. Shoot the video from an angle so all exercises can be seen clearly meeting the movement standards. Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected due to the visual distortion these lenses cause.
If an athlete qualifies to compete on-site at the CanWest Games, they will be asked to submit one of the workouts chosen by The CanWest Games Judges team.