Meet Mark. Mark is an athlete and he has an incredible story to tell you.
Watch the video to hear his amazing story and read below to learn more about Mark!
1)Where are you from?
I live and train in west kelowna BC
2)Where do you train?
I train at Bodyshop Training Centre
3)Why functional fitness?
My personal trainer opened Bodyshop Training Center. I decided to make the leap to follow him from a global gym. I am sure happy that I did!
4) Do you have any accomplishments as an athlete throughout your functional fitness career?
- 1st place at the 2016 CanWest Games Competition
- 2nd place at the 2017 Fraser Valley Throwdown
- 2nd place at the 2018 Okanagan Valley Throwdown
5) How has functional fitness impacted your life?
I just turned 52 and I am the strongest I have ever been in my life. I am leaner and fitter then ever.
6) How many times have you competed at the CanWest Games?
Twice so far and I am looking for my 3rd return to the CanWest Games.
7) What sets the CanWest Games apart from other competitions you’ve competed in?
The stadium … The workouts and the vibe… The set up and the competition is very professional, from event to social media. It is also probably the closest to competing at the CrossFit Games most of us will ever truly feel and I love that….
8) Are you focusing on any specifics while training this year? Tackling any weaknesses?
I am working on a injured shoulder and trying to overcome my rope climb weakness!
9) What element are you hoping to see at the 2018 CanWest Games?
Heavy weights and longer wods are my preference.
10) What is the goal for competing at the 2018 CanWest Games?
To stand on the podium again.
11) Any tips for new athletes just starting out with functional fitness?
Train at least 4 times per week. Eat healthy. Practice movements before adding more weight. Most importantly, have fun and trust the process!
12) What is your goal for the future?
To be the healthiest I can be… have fun & kick ass!
13) What do you like to do when you aren’t training or competing?
I enjoy hiking, riding my Harley and being on my boat, enjoying the Okanagan!