- Yes. ALL athletes must participate in the CanWest Games Online Qualifier to compete at The CanWest Games.
- Athletes wanting to compete as an individual in the Elite, and Masters Divisions or on a Trio Team must participate in the CanWest Games Online Qualifier in order to qualify for a spot in one of those divisions.
- Athletes wishing to compete in the Invitational Teams of 3 Divisions (Rx, Intermediate, or Scaled) must have all 3 team members complete the Qualifier.
Frequently Asked Registration Questions
Sorry. There is a no refund policy.
Athletes must be 14 years of age and must have a parent or guardian consent to complete in the Online Qualifiers or at the CanWest Games
The programming for our Scaled Athletes will be right in line with what you experienced during The CrossFit Games Opens Scaled WODs.
- Pullups = Jumping Pull-ups
- Toes2Bar = hanging Knee Raises
- Double Unders = Single Unders
- Weights on the lifts will be consistent with Opens Scaled Standards
The CanWest Games Event Questions
Coquitlam is a 15 minute drive from Vancouver. There are numerous hotels within quick driving distance of Percy Perry Stadium. We will provide local hotel information closer to the date.
Spectators will be able to purchase tickets online or at the door.
Online ticket sales will be announced in the near future.
Children 12 and younger are free with an adult general admission.
Frequently Asked Registration Questions
Masters in the 35-39 age division can expect the same loads and volume as all the other individuals. Masters in the 50+ age group will enjoy a slightly scaled version of the regular Online Qualifier Workout as well as slightly scaled Workouts at the CrossFit Games.
Based on your ranking on the leaderboard you will receive an invite to enroll or join an Invitational RX or Intermediate Team.
Will you be eligible for a Scaled Team? Since there are many magnificent examples of Masters mopping the floor with younger athletes, we’ll go on an athlete by athlete basis to determine if you are Scaled material or not. We all know that 40+ doesn’t mean a thing in this sport.
Simply resubmit your correct score. Previous score submissions will be overwritten.
- You will be competing against other teams registered in your category to secure your place in the CanWest Games. If you do not qualify for your division, you will get an invite to the division below the division in which you were registered once that division’s invites have gone out and the time domain for response has passed.EX:
Trio Elite Team did not Qualify.
Intermediate Trio Invites have gone out and all responses have been received. There are still 3 spots available.
Trio Elite Team get invite to compete at the intermediate level of the CanWest Games.
Frequently Asked Online Qualifier Questions
We’ll be requesting a random video from the top 20 ranking men and women. If you feel you have a chance to be in the top, get your cameras ready.
For detailed submission guidelines, please refer to the CanWest Games Rulebook. In a nutshell you need to provide the following:
- Identify yourself with your full name and Trio (if applicable)
- Identify the workout you are completing.
- Verify the correct weights, bar, measurements etc as required by the workout
- Position the camera to ensure unhindered view of athletes’s full range of movement
- Ensure a time clock in frame is visible (unless a judge is present, in which case the time clock is optional. )
- The video must be continuous. No editing is permitted
- Create a YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/yt/about/getting-started.html) or Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/ join) account. Use only these two methods of video submission.
- Title your video with the workout number, and your name. Enter the workout and your time / reps in the description.
- Once you have successfully uploaded your video, follow the instructions for submitting a video link into our scoring system, as well as enter your score into the scoring system.
You have until the Monday 7:00PM MST to submit your result for that week’s workout.
Resubmit your score. The previous result will be overwritten.
A Trio Team score is calculated by taking all 3 athletes score and adding them together.